Thursday, May 7, 2009

Holistic Healing

I've been a bit preoccupied lately with the shop and more importantly with Squeaker and his declining health. Blog entries have been the last thing on my to do list. Squeaker is down to just over 5 pounds right now and is loosing strength in his back legs. The other night he tried to jump onto the coffee table and fell down pretty hard. I burst into tears and just hugged him. This whole battle with his kidney failure has been just heartbreaking. Seeing my baby just deteriorate when I've tried everything I can think of to get him to eat and drink enough.

With a lot of thought I made the difficult choice yesterday to have him euthanized. It was the most difficult decision I think I've had to make. I don't like playing Mother Nature. But last night the little stinker gave me a funny look and then ate an entire can of food, which he hasn't done in over 2 months. Then he ate good again this morning and just stared at me afterwords. Something just told me that today was not the day. He's still fighting and as long as he's going to keep at it so am I.

I got online and began doing research on holistic diets for pets and the benefits, particularly for cats in renal failure. There was a lot of information online and I feel that I need to at least try this for his sake and for my own before I can completely say I actually did everything I could.

So fingers crossed for my little bugger.

As for the shop..it's been slowly getting updated throughout the week. I just put up a few items this morning and I have some more that need to be photographed. My hobby is slowly becoming a second job...hopefully someday It could become my only job

Fingers and toes crossed for that one...

No comments: