Friday, March 29, 2013

Time for a Change

For years now I have suffered from chronic pain. Every type of headache imaginable, back pain, aching joints, burning in my muscles and along my spine, TMJ, muscle spasms, sciatica...you get the idea...

I've tried a plethora of medications to combat the pain, to no avail. Finally my doctor just gave me a script for pain killers. They work, but I know they are bad and I still had no answers. A few years ago I finally went to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and bursitis. Stupidly I agreed to cortisone shots in my hips for the bursitis. That pain was alleviated for about 6 months, but when the cortisone wore off I was in more agony than I was to begin with. So I never went back. Flash forward a few years. I'm still on pain meds and still in pain and fighting to function on a daily basis.

I decided to pursue a more natural, less western, method of treatment. I've recently starting seeing an acupuncturist again. It worked well for me in the past but the person I was seeing left town. Now I have to commute about 40 minutes away, but I feel it's worth it. I've only had one visit so far but I really enjoyed it so I will keep posting updates on that.

I've also become interested (some would say obsessed *cough) with making my own natural products at home. There just seems to be toxic chemicals in EVERYTHING these days. Even some of the so called "natural" products you get in health stores have less desirable ingredients. I feel all of these toxins and chemicals play a huge role in many chronic conditions, so my goal is to rid my life of as much of it as possible. I've discovered so many wonderful blogs and websites that provide information, tutorials, recipes, etc  on making natural alternative products at home. I'm starting off slow. This is going to be a learning process and will take time. As I go I will post updates on stuff I'm using or have made/tried.

I have my fingers and toes and eyes crossed that by doing this I will find some relief...and even if I don't making the switch to natural will benefit myself and my family anyway.

To be continued.....

No comments: