Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Enough already...

I haven't posting anything in ages...mostly due to the lack of time that I have these days...however, in light of the recent Chick-Fil-A drama I just have a few things to say...

I support same sex marriage...why you may ask? Because as another fellow human being I have NO right to tell a person who they can and cannot choose for a life partner...because about half of heterosexual married couples fail so are same sex couples really going to ruin the sanctity of marriage? Because 2 loving same sex parents are better than one dysfunctional, straight, alcoholic stepfather which is what I suffered from for years. Because this world can be so ugly as it is, why the hell would we want to deny any amount of love that exists? Because what anyone does in their bedroom is no concern of mine. Because I personally know many same sex couples and I love them dearly and they deserve all the happiness that anyone else does. Because it's never physically or mentally harmed me in any way, shape or form. Because their marriage is not going to send someone else to Hell (if Hell is what you fear). Because there are hundreds of thousands of children that need to be adopted and people are still procreating like rabbits, so I don't believe the survival of the species can be a legitimate argument for anti-gay marriage advocates. And mostly because there are so many other important, serious issues (such as war and famine and the fact that humans are destroying this planet...) going on in the world that I really don't see why anyone is wasting an ounce of energy by worrying about same sex marriage.

No comments: