Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love the Salvation Army

So I just spent a wonderful 5 days with my best friend, Karly. She flew in from Seattle to spend a some time with me. It's been a year since we've seen each other. Her wedding actually...where she married a guy I used to date...GAH!!! I always knew they'd be perfect for each other. I love being right.

The week went by WAY too fast. It didn't help that I woke up Monday morning (the day we were picking her up at the airport) sick. I've been fighting this damn cold for almost 2 weeks now. But there was a lot of thrifting throughout the week.

We went to the Salvation Army in Oneonta and I found the most adorable ukulele with little roses painted on it. It rattled a bit when I picked it up, but I figured it was just a bit of broken off wood inside. Upon further inspection, however, Pat and I discovered that it was NOT a bit of broken wood...but rather a half-eaten, somewhat petrified donut hole....

*sigh*

Karly's words of optimism....

"At least it wasn't a dead bird.."

No comments: